Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Red Light!

Okay, so road rager I am not. Need us not forget that in my last job I drove for nearly eight hours out of the day. I am pretty sure that one of the job requirements was to be a person without road rage...needless to say, I do have my pet peeves.

But, as life goes, God was bound to teach me a lesson in driving and how I am in no means more holier than another.

Running red lights is the one that will get me going. In Oregon people tend to not choose speeding but rather chooose running red lights as their violation of choice. I was pointing this out to many people over the past weekend and announcing my disturbances with these individuals (BTW: I can statistically prove that most of them drive mini-vans). This was until I was in a rush today, around 4:35 and needed to catch (whatever that means) the light. I entered it as it was yellow and naturally exited while it was red and the next light had turned green.

God: "Any comments, Anna?"
Anna: "Absolutely not, I apologize."

You see, even in the smallest things I often find myself believing that I have done something better or larger than others. It is often at that point that I realize that is what God has called me to do and in His book, our best works are nothing. So, I will continue on my driving way, sans automobile, and thank God for his Good Graces versus getting amped up about little things that I will undoubtedly commit myself.

No comments: